Wiki Posts
Search

14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024

Welcome to 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

When: October 25-27, 2024. Registration opens Friday at 4:00 pm, with sessions kicking off at 6:00 pm. Early starts and full days Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening includes a reception at the host hotel.

Where: Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove, 1000 Busse Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. (847) 437-6010

Ticketing:
  1. Purchase ticket at EventBrite here.
    1. Conference ticket: $165. Same price as 2023! (Includes live and replay access to the online 3rd Chicago Seminars Variety Show.)
    2. 3rd Chicago Seminars Variety Show: $14. Online access to the Variety Show. No access to the in-person conference. If you purchase a Variety Show ticket and later would like to attend the full conference in-person, return to EventBrite to upgrade your ticket for the cost difference.
  2. Post-purchase registration questions are for meal preference and conversation starter info on your event name badge. No on-site special dietary requests will be accommodated, please submit in advance. If you prefer to not submit conversation starter info then your event name badge will solely display your name. You can later return to EventBrite to submit or edit responses.
What's Included?
  • Live and replay access to the online 3rd Chicago Seminars Variety Show, the morning of Friday, October 25, 2024.
  • Access to in-person conference sessions the Friday, October 25, 2024 - Sunday, October 27, 2024.
  • Coffee / snack breaks
  • Lunch Saturday and Sunday
  • Reception Saturday night
  • Saturday After Hours VVIP Holiday Inn Lobby Hangout (all invited, no upsell)
What's Not Included?
  • There is no virtual pass for the in-person conference
  • Breakfasts - these are only included for those booking the group rate at the host hotel
  • Dinners - a way to make friends is go out with a group and hand someone cash to let them have the credit card swipe
Questions? Please send general inquiries to [email protected]
tonei and Jason77W like this.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 3, 2024 at 12:38 pm
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

READ and ACCEPT - Participation Requirements

This is a community event that has thrived for a decade, grown from goodwill and care for each other. The participation requirements are intended to provide an event that best accommodates the widest range of our community.

By purchasing a ticket, you agree to follow the event Participation Requirements, which will adapt up to and including the event:
  • Good conduct policy - You will conduct yourself at the event in a spirit of civility in line with the conduct required by the organizers and on-site volunteers.
  • No refunds and no chargeback policy - this is a charity event and has operated since inception on a no refunds policy. If you purchase a ticket and your plans change, there will be no refund. If, at the event, you violate the participation requirements, you will be required to immediately depart the event, and there will be no refund. In all cases, you will not make a credit card chargeback for your event ticket. Should you file a chargeback you will be banned from attending future Chicago Seminars events. Be happy that the event charities will benefit from your graciousness, even if you find yourself in that position from lack of graciousness. Ticket transfers will be allowed up to October 18, 2024, email the organizers with the ticket transfer request details at: [email protected].
  • No recording of sessions - the no recording policy allows open discussions and respects the hard work of speakers. Anyone found to be recording (video, audio, or otherwise, that includes photos of every slide, etc) will be removed from the event with no refund. Exceptions only if a speaker gives explicitly up-front permission for some form of recording.
We have a decade of successful events that have built friendships and raised tens of thousands of dollars for worthy charities. We thank you for your understanding. This will be another great event for our community.
tonei likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Booking Information

Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove, 1000 Busse Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. (847) 437-6010. The shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport (ORD) on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E (as of 2019).

Group rate including breakfast for one person: $129.00/night.

Booking information will be emailed to confirmed ticketholders.

Staying at the host hotel is recommended.
tonei likes this.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 3, 2024 at 4:19 pm
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Speakers

In-Person Conference Speakers:
  • Husain Boxwala (Boxy) of Jetpack
  • Mindy Bumgarner, MS FIRE
  • Michael Cao
  • Chris Carley of Eye of the Flyer
  • Brian Cohen of The Gate with Brian Cohen
  • Andrew D'Amours of Flytrippers
  • Greg Davis-Kean of Frequent Miler
  • Tonei Glavinic of Taxes from Abroad
  • Andy Hicks, everycountryby50
  • Stefan Krasowski of Rapid Travel Chai
  • Moli of Maple Miles
  • Sarah Ramkissoon
  • Anshul Singh of Points Miles and Bling
  • Lela Shifton
  • Justin Vacula of Hurdy Gurdy Travel Podcast and Stoic Solutions Podcast
  • ...plus more to be announced!
Friday Variety Show Bonus Speakers (online only):
  • many of the above in-person speakers, plus:
  • Tommy Danielsen of Loyalty Summit and MegaDo
  • Tiffany Funk of One Mile at a Time
  • Ric Gazarian of Extraordinary Travel Festival
  • Lisa Kulpa and Dave Muz of Basic Travel Couple
  • Stephen Pepper of Frequent Miler, GC Galore, and No Home Just Roam
  • Nick Reyes of Frequent Miler
  • Tim Steinke of Frequent Miler
  • Grant Thomas of Travel with Grant
  • Michael Trager of TravelZork and ZorkFest
  • Robert 'Tprophet' Walker of Seat 31B and AwardCat
  • Carrie Yoder of Frequent Miler
  • Orest Zub of NomadMania, calling in from Ukraine
  • ...plus some extra pop-ins as they arrive for the weekend

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 3, 2024 at 9:42 pm
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Event Schedule

Event Schedule Outline:

3rd Chicago Seminars Variety Show (online only):

Friday, October 25th:

9:00 am - 1:00 pm: Variety Show livestream

(there may be limited opportunies for a live studio audience, details to be announced later)

14th Chicago Seminars (in-person conference)

Friday, October 25th:

4:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Registration Desk Open

6:00 pm - 8:30 pm: Friday Conference Seminars

Saturday, October 26th:

8:00 am - 12:00 pm: Registration Desk Open

9:00 am - 6:00 pm: Saturday Conference Seminars

6:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Saturday Reception

7:30 pm - 11:00 pm: Saturday Hangout in Shelby Cambpell's or Self-Planned Dinner

11:00 pm - 3:00 am (+1): Saturday After Hours VVIP Holiday Inn Lobby Hangout (All Invited, No Upsell)

Sunday, October 23rd

8:00 am - 10:00 am: Registration Desk Open

9:00 am - 5:00 pm: Sunday Conference Seminars

5:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Sunday Departures Hangout at Shelby Campbell's

8:00 pm: See You Next Year
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Sponsorship Opportunities

Please contact [email protected] with expressions of interest.

Sample Sponsorship package is $1,200 and includes:

8' Table near the registration desk
15-minute speaking slot
1 Ticket to event
1 email message to attendees such as to provide a trial or discount offer (all emails sent by Chicago Seminars admin account; attendee email list is not shared with sponsors)

Additional sponsorship opportunities:
  • Submit your own idea
  • Contribute raffle prizes
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Charity Raffle & Donations

2024 event charities: to be announced.

If you'd like to donate anything to the charity raffle, please contact [email protected]

We are not doing physical items. Passing around amenity kits no one wants is not a good use of time. We will accept items such as relevant services or virtual gifts.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Volunteer Opportunities

Specific volunteer needs will be posted here.

Alternately, contact [email protected] with your ideas. This is a charity event. We have a group of volunteers that have worked hard for years to steward the event. Volunteers work hard to deliver a fantastic event experience.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Terms and Conditions

GENERAL WAIVER, RELEASE & CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT (THE AGREEMENT)

GENERAL WAIVER OF LIABILITY & RELEASE PROVISIONS I have/will receive(d) certain materials, program information, advice, information and/or services from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree to waive any and all current and/or future claims and causes of actions against the Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 and/or any individual or corporate sponsor (inclusive of any and all officers, directors, employees, agents, and successor and/or predecessor corporations if any) thereof, and/or any speaker or invited guest (together, the Released Parties), for any and all physical or pecuniary injuries, incidents, losses, or other occurrences that may befall me during my attendance at the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

I further agree to waive any and all current or future claims and causes of action for economic harm or otherwise, as against the Released Parties, that may arise as a result of my reliance on any program information, procedures, advice, information or services that I may receive from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

I further agree to hold harmless and to fully indemnify the Released Parties against any claims or causes of action, including claims for contribution, instituted by any third party or otherwise that may arise from my attendance at the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

I further agree to waive any and all future claims and/or causes of action that may arise from my use of the information, advice or services provided by the Released Parties, and to indemnify and save harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims and causes of actions of third parties, including claims for contribution, arising from my reliance on any program, information, procedures, advice, information or services that I may receive from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 at the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

If for any reason, I commence a claim or take any proceeding against any party, which thereafter makes any claim over against or claim contribution and indemnity from the Released Parties, I undertake and covenant to have them dismissed at my own expense with express prejudice to bringing any further claim or other proceeding as against the Released Parties.

I further understand and agree that no warranty of any kind shall be created by the advice or information I receive from any of the Released Parties from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 during the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024, and further agree that I alone am responsible for assessing the utility, accuracy and truthfulness of any advice or information received during the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

I further understand and agree that I may incidentally appear in video and/or photographs taken during the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024, and that I will not receive compensation of any kind as a result thereof, whether used by the Released Parties for marketing purposes or otherwise.

CONFIDENTIALITY I further understand and agree that the materials and information provided to me are the property of from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 and/or the Released Parties, and will not be used by me, other than for my personal use, without the express written consent of from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024, and that I will take all reasonable steps to keep the materials and information obtained confidential, expressly undertake and covenant to make no copies of the materials and/or to disclose the materials and/or advice, whether for financial gain or otherwise. I fully understand that I may be personally liable to Elk Grove Village, LLC dba 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 and/or the Released Parties for any unauthorized use of the materials, advice and/or information received at the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

Furthermore, I expressly agree, undertake, and covenant not to record by video, audio, or any other means the material discussed by speakers at the 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

GENERAL PROVISIONS This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Released Parties, their successors, assigns, and personal representatives.

I expressly agree that this Agreement shall be construed as if written by both myself and the Released Parties, and shall not be construed as against the Released Parties, whether pursuant to the principles of contra proferentem, or otherwise.

I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois and that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. I expressly agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY I further expressly agree that should an Arbitrator or Court determine that any provision(s) in this Agreement is void, voidable, or unenforceable, and that any of the Released Parties are liable to me for any alleged losses, whether suffered by me, or a third party, that such liability will be limited to the sum of the fee paid by me for my attendance at 14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024.

I certify that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, and am mentally competent to execute and enter into this Agreement

I expressly understand that by executing this Agreement that I am affecting my current and future legal rights, and state that I have agreed to execute this Agreement without any duress or coercion.

By selecting "I agree to the above waiver" I expressly acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the General Waiver of Liability and Release provisions, the Confidentiality Clause and the Limitation of Liability Clause, and that I enter into this Agreement willingly and voluntarily.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Placeholder for Additional Announcements

Placeholder
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Placeholder for 15th Chicago Seminars, October 2025 Announcement

Placeholder
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
It's unfortunate that the individuals involved in last years debacles each insist on having their own separate events in Chicago again. I have long questioned how one could fill a single weekend with meaningful content; surely two of them will be duplicative. Pops popcorn, terms and conditions 'read' but not 'accepted' (Heritage Edition)
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:35 pm

Why is it called "Heritage Edition" now?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Why is it called "Heritage Edition" now?
Presumably because there's a different event also called the 14th Chicago Seminars and the respective planners all stood their ground and refused to budge, notwithstanding the obvious confusion that will result

The 14th Annual Chicago Seminars - September 20-22, 2024 at the Hyatt Regency ORD
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
At least this one is not on the same date, unlike last year.

Also, unlike last year, there is a FlyerTalk thread on the host property.

Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village IL

By contrast, the (Hyatt Forum) hotel thread for the other Chicago Seminars was locked when I sought updates in it.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Apr 4, 2024 at 3:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.