SUPER MOMMY TO THE RESCUE
My favorite comfort food in winter is homemade soup. The weather has been dreary lately and I have been in the mood to try different soups. I love making fresh homemade rolls with it too. Although with my teenage son those don’t last 24 hours in this house. Last weekend my daughter, my friend and I made Cheeseburger soup together. My daughter really got into helping by peeling the potatoes for this. It was fun to have her help us. This soup turned out really amazing. The only thing was that I expected it to be a little thicker then what it was. Let me tell you it tastes even better the next day!!
- 1/2 lb ground beef (I used a pound)
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp dried basil ( I didn't add this)
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Velveeta process cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In same saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10 - 12 minutes
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3 - 5 minutes. Add to soup; print to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, and pepper; cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
The post Cheese Burger Soup Recipe appeared first on SUPER MOMMY TO THE RESCUE.
Content mobilized by FeedBlitz RSS Services, the premium FeedBurner alternative.